So I talk about this a lot. This idea that for most of us, our bodies and minds are simply addicted to the constant stimulation that being busy provides us. It takes time to wean ourselves off this addiction to stimulation.
In this weeks episode I talk about:
- What exactly stimulation addiction is.
- Why it feels so uncomfortable to meditate when we suffer from this.
- How our stress system works and why it is important to learn how to turn it down every now and again.
- Why terms like Adrenal Fatigue are becoming so common now days and why someone trying to sell you a supplement to 'treat it' is probably missing the actual point.
- How meditation and mindfulness are actually amazing tools for not only weaning ourselves off stimulation addiction but also your overall health moving forward.
As always, you can connect with me in a variety of ways:
My website: www.dremilyamos.com
Where I teach online courses as well as online meditation and yoga nidra classes.
On Instagram: @dremilyamos
On Facebook: @dremilyamos
The information provided on the Mind.Life.Me. podcast is for educational and informational purposes only. The information provided on this site is not, nor is it intended to be, a substitute for professional advice or care. Please seek the advice of a qualified health care professional in the event something you have read or heard here raises questions or concerns regarding your health.