Mindfulness and Self Compassion Training for Health Professionals.
This course is designed specifically for the wants and needs of health professionals who want to learn more about mindfulness, meditation and holistic stress management.
We will meet weekly via Zoom for 6 weeks to learn about:
- What exactly mindfulness is?
- How mindfulness is different from other forms of meditative practices.
- The difference between thinking and awareness- how we can use this knowledge to counteract excessive thinking and worry.
- How to be present for difficult emotions in ourselves.
- How we can integrate self compassion practice into our working lives to help combat empathy fatigue.
- How we can use an understanding of mindfulness to help us cope with the stresses of working in healthcare.
- Simple meditation and breath work practices you can integrate into your professional life.
- An introduction to teaching mindfulness to your patients.
- Lifetime access to the full online resource library including downloadable guided meditations and journalling worksheets.
- Optional: you have the option of submitting reflective journals weekly, through which I can assist you in cultivating your own voice of the compassionate observer to your thoughts. Journalling can be a wonderful tool to assist in building mindful self awareness and self compassion.
Sessions go for 1.5 hours and will be held on Tuesday nights at 7:30pm.
Numbers are strictly capped to allow for in depth small group learning.
I am General Practitioner, yoga and mindfulness teacher who teaches authentic and holistic self care and mindfulness based meditation and mindset training. I also teach these skills to medical students at Monash University.
I have also created a framework to teach the basic principles of holistic self care through my BLS Self Care model and teach this in a single workshop format suitable for hospitals, health services and the corporate space.