Mindfulness and meditation course for doctors.
This course is designed specifically for the wants and needs of doctors who want to learn more about mindfulness, meditation and holistic stress management.
We will meet weekly via Zoom for 6 weeks to learn about:
- What exactly mindfulness is?
- How mindfulness is different from other forms of meditative practices.
- The difference between thinking and awareness- how we can use this knowledge to counteract excessive thinking and worry.
- How to be present for difficult emotions in ourselves.
- How we can use an understanding of mindfulness to help us cope with the stresses of being a doctor.
- An introduction to teaching mindfulness to your patients.
Sessions go for 1.5 hours and will be held on Tuesday nights at 7:30pm.
You will also have the option of submitting a weekly reflective journal for me to support you in establishing a journalling practice if you wish. Note: this is optional.
I am General Practitioner, yoga and mindfulness teacher who teaches authentic and holistic self care and mindfulness based meditation and mindset training. I also teach these skills to medical students at Monash University.
I have created a framework to teach the basic principles of holistic self care through my BLS Self Care model and teach this within the corporate space.